What is sea freight?
Sea freight is the transportation of goods, consolidated into sea containers via Rotterdam to other seaports or terminals.
It is the transportation of goods in ships, or goods sent by sea
Onward transportation to an inland terminal may be possible. For the transport, a so-called Express Bill of Lading with a unique number is issued. This Bill of Lading becomes available approximately 4 days after departure and will be send through e-mail to you. Mentioned are the contact details at destination.
The original is usually not needed.
- Suitable for a number of packages or small removals
- Minimum 1m3 till ca 6m3, sealed on pallets, per container – 1m3 is ca 170 kgs
- Up till arrival at the port or terminal of destination, local charges are applicable
- Contact details at destinations are provided for assistance in customs clearing and if wished home delivery
Freight transport is the physical process of transporting commodities and merchandise goods and cargo. The term shipping originally referred to transport by sea, but is extended in American English to refer to transport by land or air (International English: “carriage”) as well. “Logistics”, a term borrowed from the military environment, is also fashionably used in the same sense.
Much shipping is done by actual ships. An individual nation’s fleet and the people that crew it are referred to as its merchant navy or merchant marine. Merchant shipping is the lifeblood of the world economy, carrying 90% of international trade with 102,194 commercial ships worldwide. On rivers and canals, barges are often used to carry bulk cargo
A lot of people are having difficulties in choosing what kind of delivery service do they need to avail and would satisfy them best. Sea cargo shipping is known universally as economical friendly especially on the corporate world which needs to transport huge masses of goods or products. Sea freight is an expedient method of transporting loads. Before picking the type of delivery service that would suit you, one should consider first what advantages would it bring and does it provide more than enough protection to your goods to reach the very door of the receiver in tacked and in place.
People in the corporate field look at sea freightage as an efficient type of habitually transporting large mass of freights or load. Sea freightage involves the transferring and the forwarding of company’s products from the transport providers to the customers. Sea shipping is mainly known to be the most inexpensive way of transporting your goods in a time sensitive manner. This type of service is broadly used as a way of transporting goods outside the country. This is so far the safest way to convey your goods or loads like furniture and other things that should be handled with care.
Some additional advantages of sea freight-age:
– Sea shipping uses a low level of fossil fuels and does have a good impact on the environment. The use of lesser fuels lowers emissions and reduction of carbon dioxide which benefits the atmosphere.
No Traffic Jam
– Even with the busy lifestyle of people nowadays, every person aims for an efficient way of transporting their goods when they need the assistance of shipping deliveries. Not like the other kinds of delivery, sea freightage encounters no traffic jam. This way of transporting your goods is a time conscious way of delivery. It does not encounter any type of troubles on the road. This then turned out to be the fastest way of delivering your goods.
– With the low amount of fuel usage in sea freight, the summary of cost is expectedly lower than any kind of delivery service. Associated with the big place for the containers in cargo vessels, customers will not only meet their satisfaction in terms of the desired time of delivery but every customer would also meet their satisfaction in terms of payment.
In sea freight, you would not only meet fulfillment with the kind of service offered but you would also meet happiness at your very own comfort. You don’t have to give your goods to the receiver at your own means, it’s just a phone call away and they will do the rest.